Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Today is one month for Tony

This is the last photo I have of my son and I together. I remember everyone thinking I was crazy wanting a photo of the two of us in our hospital gowns. Tony was feeling so good that day and I was so happy he had come to visit me. No one could have ever guessed the turn of events that would take place in the next few hours. He was declared well and they were going to remove his catheter in his neck, and go home in a day or two. I was going home that day. They called and said they were going to pull out the catheter so I went to visit him. After it was pulled, things started to go wrong and I hugged him, kissed him and told him "I love you"! I waited in the hospital as long as they would let me since I was discharged hoping for good news. I finally had to leave, my son took me home and we got called back because Tony took a turn for the worse. A mothers worse nightmare came true. This last month feels as if I have been in some sort of coma. I miss him every moment, and at times I am not sure how I will get through this. Thankfully I am surrounded by loving caring sons, a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, an angel of a grandson, Tonys beloved girlfriend, and great family and friends.