Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Birthday

Today, I went to a first Birthday party for Brenda's nephew. It was fun and Ashton had a blast. We were talking about binkys (we used to just call them pacifiers) and I remember Tony's blanket that he was so attached to. It was a very simple white with yellow roses, Back then you did not know the sex of your child first, so everything was yellow and green! I remembered the first time I washed it and it took longer to dry than I anticipated. He was so upset. Then we had left it somewhere. The result was a blanket cut in half so he would always have his comfort. By the time he was out growing it, it had been cut into four pieces! It was tattered, and barely recognizable, kind of similar to how I feel. But his sweet little face, cuddle up with his blankie is a site I will never forget!