Sunday, July 11, 2010

A year

It has been a year.  A year since I have seen your smile.  A year since I have heard your laughter.  A year since I saw that twinkle in your eye or the sarcasm in your voice.
A year.

It scares me to think that a whole year has gone by.  It seems like just yesterday you were out on the boat with us doing your crazy antics.  It was a great day.  I am so grateful to have had it.  I do not know how I have managed to keep putting one foot in front of the other and make it to today.  Your memory is intertwined with every moment of my life.  It sits comfortably in my thoughts like a song playing gently in the background.  Sometimes the music brings smiles, sometimes tears, mostly it is just there like a companion on my journey through this  rough path I must travel.

There are days I search for you, not physically, but something.  I talk to you often and  hear you tell me to "relax mom" even more often.  My heart aches for those of us left to live our lives without you.  You were an amazing young man taken from this earth to soon.  I am always wondering what you would be doing.  I see you in your brothers faces, Brenda's eyes and friends and families smiles when talking about you.   You have left a lasting impression on so many hearts.

I miss you more than ever, I try hard to smile with your memory, walk the path you would have wanted and keep your memory alive within all of us.  I am blessed to have had the privilege to call you my son, to have the memories our family has made, to share them with your brothers, Brenda, relatives and friends and to live each day with the warmth of you within my heart.  

I hope you are somewhere beautiful, enjoying your after life as only you would and that we will all be together sharing each others joy someday.  I miss thise hugs so much!

Life will continue to go on, we will live our lives with a hole in our hearts, and while we will miss you greatly, it is true, that we will all float on!